Monday, May 17, 2010

The Big Picture


Is the stress of wedding planning driving you mad?


A dear friend of mine recently got engaged and asked for some advice on wedding planning. Working in the wedding industry, there was plenty of advice I thought to give her - invitations, locations, wedding gowns, cakes, decor, reception, shoes, hair, beauty - you get the idea.

I thought about it for a minute and in the sea of knowledge I had about all things wedding, the best advice I could think of was "You only get married once. Enjoy it. Have fun. And don't stress about the little things."

I know many brides want their significant other to be a part of the wedding. But if he doesn't have an input on what grosgrain ribbon you use to tie your favors, in no way does his indifference to said ribbon suggest any indifference towards you. Yes the devil's in the details, but don't lose sight of the big picture.

Given his way, he would take you down to City Hall and tie the knot right then and there. No, it wouldn't be the romantic ideal you had in mind, but happily married you two would be.

So brides, you only get married once. Enjoy it. Have fun. And don't stress about the little things.

Some advice for life & love.

Image via Fashion Gone Rogue
.

4 comments:

Sovina said...

Yah..it is very important to keep in mind the big picture and not get lost in the details. True for weddings, true for life also.

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Amberdawn said...

A coworker at school is looking forward to getting engaged soon and asked me about the process too. I told her I just don't even talk about wedding stuff with my fiance because he is so not into it and looked at me with horror.

I told her it used to bother me, like, "You don't care about our wedding?" but I learned to accept that it's just a guy thing. If I really want to ease into a wedding question I just have to bring up cake flavors or entree options and he's suddenly interested :D Otherwise I save the details for my blog.

grace @ the cinderella project said...

lol - thanks Amberdawn!

Becca said...

Amberdawn - it's all about how different couples work, isn't it?

I have to confess, I'd hate to do this wedding planning malarkey on my own, but then if I had to go and watch my beloved playing cricket every weekend, I'd probably poke my eyes out ;) Some hobbies you share, some you don't.

I'm so pleased to be moving away from the detail stress... I can finally read wedding blogs and thing "ohhhh... That's beautiful" rather than "I don't have that! Do I need that? Do I want that? Can I afford that? Gargh!" It's a wonderful, chilled feeling :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...